CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

how well do you know someone in just over a year?

You know what I was thinking. I'm not a very brave girl.
If they are looking for a someone to play a character in a short play, I will never volunteer myelf.
If they are looking for someone to go up on stage to recite a poem or to join a debate team, I will never volunteer myself.
If they are looking for someone to stay over a haunted house for the night, I will never volunteer myself.
If they are looking for someone to join the girls' netball team, I will never volunteer myself.
If you try to make me do something that requires me to do it in front of an audience, I will never do it.
Why?
Because I am not brave enough. Not brave enough to stand in front and bare out my soul. Stand there and act out a character that is so foreign to me.
I would rather not do it.

Actually, this doesn't only apply to being on stage.
I'm not brave enough to be who I really am there. So I put on a mask and only show them who they think I am.
Why?
Because some of them there are so critical and judgemental that sometimes it is really suffocating.
Let them think they know me. When in reality, they know nothing.

0 comments: